Wiki Loves Monuments Israel is a photography contest organized by Wikimedia Israel, as part of an international competition. Amateur and professional photographers are welcome to take pictures of any national heritage site in Israel, in accordance with this map and the linked lists, and submit it to the competition via a special upload wizard on Wikimedia Commons. Each user is required to register a Wikimedia Commons account to participate.
If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules of the Competition:
- First Prize: 4,000 NIS
- Second Prize: 3,000 NIS
- Third Prize: 1,500 NIS
- In addition, the top ten images that received the highest scores from the judges will be sent to International WLM Competition, and may win more prizes.
- Two additional awards in amount of NIS 1,000 will be given for photos at remote sites in the northern and southern regions of Israel.
- Additional awards of 2000 and 3000 will be given for photos of Senior Citizens courtesy of the Migdal Group.
- Special prizes are offer from Hobbiz company:
- First prize- A Phantom 4 drone (7200 Shekels)
- Second Prize- Two Drone Batteries (1600 Shekels)
- Third prize- an Aluminum Drone Case (700 Shekels)
Photos will be judged on the following criteria:
The overall quality of the image (photography technique, composition, resolution);
The possible usage of the image in Wikipedia (encyclopediac quality).
- Roie Galitz – Nature photographer, founder and CEO of the Galitz School of Photography, and chief editor of the magazine "Composition";
- Darya Kantor – Wikipedia loves monuments team leader;
- Yan Nasonov – English Wikipedia editor, Member of the Executive Board of Wikimedia Israel;
- Deror Lin – Member of the Executive Board of Wikimedia Israel. Project volunteer;
- Ariel Elinson – An Graphic Expert, Photoshop expert Lecturer and Photographer. Volunteers with Wikimedia Israel.
- Roni Bar Natan – The Society for Preservation of Israel Heritage Sites, Education coordinator;
- Adv. Ilan Shalgi – Previously the Minister of Science and Technology and the Minister of Environmental protection;
- Avner Amiri – The Society for Preservation of Israel Heritage Sites Architect
- Benni Pat El – CEO of Hobbiz Co;
- Anat Ofri – social involvement coorinator for The Midgal Group;
- Esti Barzili – Head of the Economic department in the Finance Division of the Migdal Group. An Art Lover;
By uploading a picture in the competition you hereby accept the terms and conditions specifies here
1) Photos entered into the competition must be photos taken by submitter of the photo.
2) To participate in the competition photos must be uploaded under a free license (Creative commons license) – meaning – you agree that the image may be used for any purpose, while giving proper credit to photograph.
Uploading the images according to this license allows usage of the images on Wikipedia and other projects of the Wikimedia Foundation.
3) Images will participate only if uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (commons.wikipedia.org) between 1 October and 1 November 2016 through the competition interface. It does not matter when the picture was taken, as long as it is uploaded during the competition period (for example, you can upload a photo taken in the 1950's of an heritage site, and the image will participate in the competition if it has been uploaded during the competition period).
4) Only pictures of listed heritage sites may be submitted to the competition. Each image uploaded will specify the serial number of the heritage site listed. Picture that does not indicates the appropriate serial number, or indicates the serial number incorrectly, will not participate in the competition.
5) To participate in the competition you must register (free of charge) to Wikimedia Commons, entering a valid e-mail only. There is no obligation to identify your full name, but you can not participate in the competition without an active e-mail account.
the highest resolution possible. Low resolution images will be disqualified.
6) All drone activities must comply with aircraft laws of Israel. Photography with a drone is not permitted in National parks.
- The competition will be held between 1st October – 1st November 2016.
- The awards ceremony will be held in December 2016.