Wiki Loves Monuments Israel is a photography contest organized by Wikimedia Israel, as part of an international competition. Amateur and professional photographers are welcome to take pictures of any national heritage site in Israel, in accordance with this map and the linked lists, and submit it to the competition via a special upload wizard on Wikimedia Commons. Each user is required to register a Wikimedia Commons account to participate.
If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules of the Competition:
- First Prize: 3,000 NIS
- Second Prize: 2,000 NIS
- Third Prize: 1,000 NIS
- In addition, the top ten images that received the highest scores from the judges will be sent to International WLM Competition, and may win more prizes.
- Two additional awards in amount of NIS 1,000 will be given for photos at remote sites in the northern and southern regions of Israel.
- An additional award in amount of NIS 1,000 will be given for photos of ancient synagogues in Israel.
Photos will be judged on the following criteria:
The overall quality of the image (photography technique, composition, resolution);
The possible usage of the image in Wikipedia (encyclopediac quality).
- Roie Galitz – Nature photographer, founder and CEO of the Galitz School of Photography, and chief editor of the magazine "Composition";
- Architect Avner Amiri – Architect of the Society for the Preservation of Heritage Sites in Israel;
- Keren Reish, The Society for the Preservation of Heritage Sites in Israel;
- Nogah Di Sgani – The Society for the Preservation of Heritage Sites in Israel;
- Meyrav Shay – Information Systems Manager, the Israel Antiquities Authority;
- Darya Kantor – Writer in Hebrew Wikipedia;
- Yan Nasonov – English Wikipedia editor, Member of the Executive Board of Wikimedia Israel;
- Deror Lin – Writer in Hebrew Wikipedia, Member of the Executive Board of Wikimedia Israel;
1) Photos entered into the competition must be photos taken by submittor of the photo.
2) To participate in the competition photoes must be uploaded under a free license (Creative commons license) – meaning – you agree that the image may be used for any purpose, while giving proper credit to photograph.
Uploading the images according to this license allows usage of the images on Wikipedia and other projects of the Wikimedia Foundation.
3) Images will participate only if uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (commons.wikipedia.org) between 13 September and 13 October 2015 through the competition interface. It does not matter when the picture was taken, as long as it is uploaded during the competition period (for example, you can upload a photo taken in the 1950's of an heritage site, and the image will participate in the competition if it has been uploaded during the competition period).
4) Only pictures of listed heritage sitesmay be submitted to the competition. Each image uploaded will specify the serial number of the heritage site listed. Picture that does not indicates the appropriate serial number, or indicates the serial number incorrectly, will not participate in the competition.
5) To participate in the competition you must register (free of charge) to Wikimedia Commons, entering a valid e-mail only. There is no obligation to identify your full name, but you can not participate in the competition without an active e-mail account.
the highest resolution possible. Low resolution images will be disqualified.
- The competition will be held between 13th September – 13th October 2015.
- The awards ceremony will be held in November 2015.
- The international winners will be announced on December 21st 2015.